HIMS Pre-School is set within the grounds of our school. It is currently housed in a well-equipped building but plans are afoot to create, a purpose built “Foundation stage “until then will cater the educational needs of those children aged 2 ½ to 5 years.
We believe that learning is a life-long process and all children have the right to an excellent learning environment that allows them to develop their potentialities.
Young children enjoy the independence and the sense of being able to help themselves. Adequate school facilities will encourage children from an early age to be orderly and well organized and to take pride in themselves.
We have a settling policy in Pre-School and utmost assistance is given by staff members to ensure that your child settles in comfortable and suitable surroundings, we recognize some children settle quickly while others take a little longer. You are welcome to stay as long as required in the beginning to help your child to settle.
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent and community based group.
- To provide safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To work within a framework providing equality of opportunity for all children and families.
- To work along with current government guidelines regarding Early Childhood Education.
- To equip your child with the necessary skills to enable them to adjust to formal education.
It is the vision of HIMS Pre-School program to provide equality childcare in a safe environment for families and children enrolled. Through activities, we will involve, intrigue and assist children in ways that enhance their character and develop their minds and bodies.
We collaborate with several outside agencies to ensure that our children have the skills they need to enter kindergarten. We encourage our families to visit our program and see how the children work each day.
Classroom has great influence in learning environment. HIMS Pre-School provides well aerated spacious rooms, bright light comfortable chairs and desks for the small children. Our trained teachers use Montessori methods which has effective impact in quick learning at early age.
EACH CHILD MATTERS
Our aim is to create a foundation for each child's future within the community.
"Living, learning and longing to make better world within our school"
- SELF ESTEEM as well as RESPECT for others
- INDEPENDENT THOUGHT as well as TEAM WORK
- INITIATIVE as well as COOPERATION
A spirit of Questioning intellect as well as disciplined learning
We promote equality for all; boys and girls are given equal access and opportunity to learn, play and explore.
We aim the identification and assessment of the Special Educational Needs and provide appropriate learning opportunity for all.
We offer a more structured form paying attention to pre-counting and number activities, fine motor skills, communication, pencil control, whilst trying to maintain learning through play we try to offer an atmosphere that is midway between pre-school and reception. We also have Physical Education during their studies which concentrate mainly on balancing and coordination skills and children are encouraged to indulge independently into their PE Kits.
Why Play Is Important
We place great importance in learning through• Playground Activities play in a happy and secure environment.
- Play is the vehicle by which children can gain access to the whole curriculum
- For young children there is no division between “play"and"work", they are learning through everything they do.
- Play motivates children-they want to play.
- Play allows children to make sense of the word.
- Play enables children to practice and refine skills and to develop a meaningful understanding of concepts.
- Organized Free Play
- Dramatic Play
- Circle Time
- Creative Arts Projects
- Science and Social Studies Activities
- Playground Activities
- Nature Walks
- Zoo visit
- Special Guest Visitors
- Culture Program